PRODUCT WARRANTY & REFUNDS / RETURNS POLICY
In this Warranty:
- “Acceptance Date” means the earlier of the date on which packaging containing the Product is opened and the date of acquisition by the Customer.
- ‘Customer’ means a consumer as defined under Australian Consumer Law;
- ‘Oscillot’ means Cat Containment Solutions Pty Ltd ACN 155 168 157 trading as Oscillot;
- ‘Oscillot’ is a registered trademark of Cat Containment Solutions Pty Ltd ACN 155 168 157, in Australia, under trademark number 1233173.
- ‘Product’ means components of the cat containment system manufactured by or for Oscillot, comprising the dual knuckle posts, paddle and bracket attached to fence, but excluding third party products;
- ‘Purchase Date’ means the date on which the Product was acquired from Oscillot or its agent or distributor;
- ‘Warranty’ means warranty against manufacturing defects; and
- ‘Warranty Period’ means the period commencing 3 years after the Acceptance Date.
2. Oscillot warrants that the Product will be free of manufacturing faults for the Warranty Period.
3. To make a claim under this Warranty, the Customer must return the Product and the original receipt for the purchase of the Warranty in relation to the Product. The claim must be made within the Warranty Period and must be confirmed to Oscillot in writing.
4. The Warranty is only valid so long as the Customer uses, operates and maintains the Product properly and in accordance with this Agreement any damage is not caused by physical damage of any nature
5. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Oscillot is not required to repair or replace the Product and will have no other liability in respect of the Product in any of the following circumstances:
- any fault, accident, abuse, misuse, damage or deterioration caused by use, storage, transportation or maintenance of the Product or parts of the Product after the Product has been purchased, which is not in accordance with the instructions, recommendations, requirements or directions of Oscillot;
- the Product has been interfered with by anyone other than Oscillot;
- the fault, damage or deterioration is caused by a failure to conduct normal maintenance of the Product;
- the Product is sold, leased, licensed or used for commercial purposes at any time.
6. The Warranty does not cover:-
- general environmental wear and tear;
- the cost of removal of the Product;
- the cost of re-installation;
- the cost of delivery;
- third party products, including but not limited to polycarbonate sheeting;
- Colour of paddles;
- Damage to a fence or other structure caused by installation or removal of the Product.
7. The customer acknowledges that the Product is designed for the containment of cats only. The Customer further acknowledges that every cat enclosure is different; the enclosure may be surrounded by physical elements other than a fence; there are numerous ways for a cat to go exit a residence or enclosure; and every cat has different abilities. Accordingly, Oscillot does not make any warranty or representation of any kind with respect to the Product including, but not limited to any warranties for fitness for purpose. Specifically Oscillot does not warrant that the Product will keep the Customer’s cats contained within the Customer’s cat containment area nor will the Product prevent other animals from entering into the Customer’s cat containment enclosure.
8. If any condition or warranty is implied in this Agreement pursuant to any Act of Parliament, the liability of Oscillot for breach of the condition shall be limited to any one or more of the following:
a. If Oscillot’s breach relates to goods at Oscillot’s option:
- The replacement of the goods; or
- The repair of the goods; or
- The payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
b. If the breach relates to services at Oscillot’s option:
- The supplying of the services again; or
- The payment of having the cost of the services supplied again.
9. If Oscillot chooses to replace the Product under this warranty, Oscillot will cover the costs of shipping the replacement product to the Customer.
10. Oscillot shall not be liable in any circumstances for any loss or damage resulting from the use of the Product by any person nor for economic loss or special or consequential damages arising for any reason.
11. Other than as expressly set out in this Warranty and to the fullest extent permitted by law any condition, right, remedy, representation, warranty, condition or undertaking that would be implied in this product warranty by legislation, common law, equity, trade, custom or usage is excluded, restricted or modified by this Warranty.
12. The Product comes with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (NZ) or Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
For further information or to make a claim, contact -
Cat Containment Solutions Pty Ltd
4 / 12 Hampton Road
Phone: 1300 897 340
REFUNDS & RETURNS POLICY
This Refunds & Returns Policy applies to purchases from this web site only (www.oscillot.com.au)
Your item must be in its original unused condition to be returned, unless there is a manufacturer defect. You must return the item within 30 days of your purchase.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us that you are requesting a refund and the reason for the request.
- You must arrange a courier and pay the associated courier costs. Returned the item to: 4/12 Hampton Road, Burleigh Heads, QLD 4220, Australia.
- Include in your package the original receipt.
We do not refund the original shipping and handling that you paid on the order. The return courier is to be at your own cost. If a 'free shipping' offer was applied to your original order, you will be required to pay $30 to cover the cost of the initial shipping of the order. We will not be required to bare the cost of the original shipping of the item/s is being returned, the $30 charge is to cover this initial shipping cost.
If the item is faulty due to a manufacturing issue, we will pay the return courier and refund your money in full or exchange for new item at our own expense. Click here to view our Product Warranty.
Non-defective Used Items purchased after 1 January 2016
We will refund the full purchase price for items purchased from us through this website after 1 January 2016 if the system is installed in accordance with our instructions and the system is shown to be ineffective. In order to prove that the system is ineffective, please email email@example.com within 30 days of the original delivery of the system to notify us that you are requesting a refund and;
- Include in your email photos or videos of the installation which demonstrates installation in accordance with our installation instructions;
- Follow our instructions regarding installation and where appropriate carry out any adjustment of or re-installation of the system as recommended by us. You must allow us to inspect the installation should we so request. Note; we will not be liable for any damage caused to your fence in the process of installation or removal of the cat containment system.
If we determine that the system has been installed in accordance with our instructions and it is ineffective, courier item/s to be returned to:
Cat Containment Solutions Pty Ltd
4 / 12 Hampton Road
within 7 days of our confirmation that the purchase money will be refunded. You must pay all associated costs of return including courier and export duties and taxes.
We will refund your money within seven days of receiving the returned items.
We will not refund your money if:-
- The system has not been installed in accordance with our installation instructions (including any re-installation instructions);
- The system is installed on a fence that is not at least 1.80 metres in height
- Cats enter your premises
- The system was bought through a distributor; or
- You change your mind.